- Did the ancient Greeks deliberately build their temples on fault lines?
- Stonehenge tunnel plans altered to preserve solstice sunset view.
- Alleged massacre of uncontacted Amazon tribe members spurs probe in Brazil.
- Can you help decipher the ‘Shackleton Scribble’ mystery?
- Code-breaking software deciphers the hidden message in a 1676 letter allegedly dictated by the Devil himself.
- Hackers have already started to weaponize artificial intelligence.
- The amazing Maya may have predicted meteor showers.
- Meteor sparks tsunami panic in northern Australia.
- Monster solar flare marks seventh powerful sun storm in seven days. Well that headline sounds a bit apocalyptic doesn’t it…
- Our sun probably didn’t steal Planet Nine from outer space.
- Elon Musk provides first full view of SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacesuit. Look Elon, unless your spacesuits look like this then what are you even doing?
- Why would anyone invest in interstellar travel?
- The birth of humanity’s final frontier : Forbidden Planet. (Part two of the article is here)
- Gut germs appear to play a role in multiple sclerosis.
- Video of the Day: Storms and stars and eclipse at Carhenge (oh my!).
Thanks to @MattStaggs.
Quote of the Day:
Death is part of the deal. Imagine if, before you came to exist on Earth, God said, “You can choose to stay up here with me, watching reruns and eating ice cream, or you can be born. But if you pick being born, at the end of your life you have to die — that’s nonnegotiable. So which do you pick?” I think most people would say, “I’ll give living a whirl.” It’s sad, but the whirl includes dying. That’s something I accept.