- Beyond goodbye: are ‘shared-death experiences‘ real or a mirage?
- Does this Victorian diary provide a huge clue to the true identity of Jack the Ripper?
- Meet Patagotitan, the biggest dinosaur ever found.
- ‘Nastiest sea creature to ever inhabit Earth‘ named after Lemmy from Motörhead.
- Four Earth-sized planets detected orbiting the nearest sun-like star.
- Psychedelic fluorescent purple frog found in Suriname. When you kiss this frog, you actually get Prince.
- Confirmed: Night lights drive pollinating insects away from plants.
- The 7 biggest unanswered questions in physics.
- The CIA’s plan to turn cats into spies.
- Psychedelics have a remarkable capacity to violate our ideas about ourselves. Is that why they make people better?
- Nootropic effects of psychedelic and addictive substances.
- How America lost its mind.
- The sound of an atomic bomb.
- Video of the Day: Smithsonian.com takes you to Göbekli Tepe.
Thanks Chris and Jason M.
Quote of the Day:
[After the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima] there was a very considerable elation and excitement [in the U.S.], and there were parties and people got drunk. It would make a tremendously interesting contrast as what was going on at Los Alamos at the same time as people were dying and struggling at Hiroshima.