The times, they are a changin’…
- Octopus research shows that consciousness isn’t what makes humans special.
- Related: Imagine the culture that octopuses might have if they lived longer than just a few years?
- Bees are first insects shown to understand the concept of zero. Or as they like to call it, bzzzzero.
- How the search for mythical monsters can help conservation in the real world.
- When exorcists need help, they call in this man of science.
- How the CIA came to doubt the official story of JFK’s murder.
- Things keep getting older: archaeologists find ‘forest cities’ that are at least 45,000 years old.
- The Greeks really do have near-mythical origins, ancient DNA reveals.
- Secrets of ancient Irish funeral practices revealed.
- Folk horror, a history: from The Wicker Man to The League of Gentlemen.
- Move over Berenstein Bears: the search for Geedis is the latest memory hole trickery from our simulation engineers.
- Image of the Day: Earth is an alien planet.
Quote of the Day:
Imagine the outcry if bombs were falling on Florence or Venice; [but] because this is Sanaa in forgotten Yemen, nobody cares a damn.