- Seemingly strange radio signals from a red dwarf star spark interest at Arecibo.
- Scientists put a movie within DNA. Which makes the search for alien messages in our DNA seem rather sane.
- Alphabet’s life sciences unit Verily is releasing about 20 million mosquitos infused with bacteria in California in order to fight Zika.
- How to persuade a superintelligent AI to not kill you.
- Should we fear the rise of intelligent robots?
- Behold, the first totally soft artificial heart.
- Hagfish crash slimes highway.
- Ravens have paranoid, abstract thoughts about other minds.
- Guy gets super-high on ayahuasca, gets cosmic woodworking instructions.
- New research at Easter Island suggests Rapa Nui civilization weren’t victims of ecocide.
- Ancient ruins keep being ‘discovered’ – but were they ever lost?
- Image of the Day: Jupiter’s Great Red Spot, taken by Juno.
- Video of the Day: Alex Jones rant set to indie folk music.
Thanks to o@Tenebrisvacuum.
Quote of the Day:
Any idiot can face a crisis — it’s day to day living that wears you out.