- Close encounters: why UFOs are having a moment.
- Tests reveal that Mars is covered in toxic chemicals that can wipe out living organisms.
- In 1947, a high-altitude balloon crashed in Roswell. The aliens never left.
- Magic and ritual in human spaceflight. (Part 2 is here.)
- Translation of the Zohar unlocks the secrets of Jewish mysticism in an age of extremism.
- Tripping on peyote in the Navajo Nation: A journalist explores the therapeutic potential of psychedelics.
- England’s massive chalk ‘Uffington Horse’ has survived 3000 years, because the neighbours clean up.
- Hobby Lobby to pay $3million fine and surrender ancient Iraqi artefacts they smuggled into the U.S.
- Canadian researchers reconstituted an extinct poxvirus for $100,000 using mail-order DNA.
- 700 years ago a massive volcano erupted, causing European weather to go haywire. But scientists still haven’t found the volcano responsible.
- Global warming might be speeding up.
- Hackers are targeting U.S. nuclear facilities.
- Russian exoskeleton suit turns soldiers into Stormtroopers.
- Why you will one day have a chip in your brain.
- Can breathing like Wim Hof make us superhuman?
- Memory repression: A dubious theory that’s sticking around.
- Physicists provide support for retrocausal quantum theory, in which the future can influence the past.
- Large Hadron Collider pops out a new particle that could test the strong force.
- Another universe may have bumped into ours and we may have proof.
Quote of the Day:
Success is stumbling from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
David Guy Power