Put on your confirmation bias goggles and see what you want to see in today’s news…
- Did life on Earth come from outer space?
- Asteroid mining is coming sooner than you think.
- NASA’s first asteroid deflection mission enters next design phase.
- Two new Siberian craters explode into existence.
- Science fiction and the development of the UFO mythos.
- Every breath you take contains a molecule of history.
- Author of mysterious Voynich manuscript was Italian Jew, says scholar.
- Was the Amazon forest once home to a massive lost civilisation?
- Scientists explain ancient Rome’s long-lasting concrete.
- Peru reconstructs face of ancient female leader.
- DNA solves 200-year-old mystery of weird ice age creature.
- In Neanderthal DNA, signs of a mysterious human migration.
- Alternative history author and researcher John Major Jenkins has passed away at age 53.
- Christian thinktank warns of sharp rise in UK exorcisms.
- Sex robots have a dark side, warn experts. (How do you become an expert in sex robots?)
- Forget the blood of teens. This pill promises to extend life for a nickel a pop.
- Artificial leaf turns carbon dioxide into liquid fuel.
- Praying mantises are more badass than we realised.
- Image of the Day: Whales sleeping, or preparing for departure?
Quote of the Day:
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Dolphins, in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy