- Can animals predict earthquakes? This Italian farm is acting as a lab to test the idea.
- Beyond the five senses: Telepathy, echolocation and the future of perception.
- Are the astonishing mental feats of savants actually just simple tricks known by magicians?
- When neurology becomes theology.
- Medieval scholars believed in parallel universes.
- Volcano-shaped pyramid in Peru has experts stumped.
- The normalization of conspiracy culture.
- Trove of Nazi artifacts found in secret room of Argentina home.
- The ‘floating man’ mystery that briefly haunted southeast England.
- Could humans eventually evolve to live in space?
- New model backs Stephen Jay Gould’s controversial evolutionary hypothesis of punctuated equilibria.
- Was it all just noise? Independent analysis casts doubts on LIGO’s gravitational waves detection.
- Creating a universe in the lab? The idea is no joke.
- The unusual language that linguists thought couldn’t exist.
- In all likelihood, birds listen to your music.
- How Schrödinger could have his cat and see it too.
- Image of the Day: A robot on an alien world.
Quote of the Day:
Our agents of culture are abdicating their responsibility to create more elevated tastes and capitulating to catering.