The woodpeckers are not what they seem…
- Elon Musk: Automation will force universal basic income.
- WTF? 1949 science fiction novel by legendary rocket designer Wernher von Braun names the leader of Martian civilization as “Elon”.
- Secret Mexican diary sheds light on Spanish Inquisition.
- Israel planned to detonate a nuclear weapon atop a mountain in the Sinai Peninsula as a warning during the 1967 war.
- Curtains for us all? An interview with the Astronomer Royal, Sir Martin Rees.
- Why you can see and hear meteors at the same time.
- Meet the man who made psychedelics with the approval of the U.S. government.
- This is your brain on acid. Literally.
- Revolutionary discovery about the human brain could lead to second-generation A.I.
- Experts come together to define the exact moment we die.
- Diabetes linked to bacteria invading the colon.
- Good riddance, conspiracy nuts: why you won’t hear me talk about ‘Pizzagate’ and other bullshit conspiracies anymore.
- It’s Bilderberg time again!
- Important PSA: Don’t put ground wasp nest on your vagina, warns gynaecologist. Especially if the wasps are still around and angry about their nest.
Quote of the Day:
It’s much, much harder to terrorise a population into submission than official and unofficial purveyors of mass violence always think it is. Normality isn’t a fixed state but a spectrum with a remarkably wide range. Terrorists are contemptible for many reasons, but one of them is the stupidity of not knowing this. They try to magnify themselves with epic acts of cruelty. In the end they are diminished and defeated by the strange ability of human beings to step around the pools of blood, keep going and forget.