- Drowned city: Jordan to search for ancient site’s underwater remains.
- ‘Space archaeology‘ has transformed how ancient sites are discovered.
- The 2000-year-old computer: Decoding the Antikythera Mechanism.
- Cicadas are emerging four years earlier than they should be, and scientists don’t know why.
- Humans accidentally created a protective bubble around Earth.
- Today’s instalment of PKD storylines becoming reality: new facial recognition software that reads people’s emotions could be used to catch criminals before they act.
- Weird energy beam seems to travel five times the speed of light.
- Infrared telescopes should be able to spot Dyson Sphere-like constructs as far away as 652 light years.
- The rise of open-label placebos.
- What happens when you mix thermodynamics and the quantum world? A revolution.
- A defense of the reality of time.
- Video of the Day: Rock river.
Thanks to @t3dy.
Quote of the Day:
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Douglas Adams, ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’