- 100 years on from the Virgin Mary sighting at Fatima, Pope Francis canonises two of the shepherd children who witnessed the event.
- When science and the occult went head-to-head on a German mountaintop.
- Canadian miners discovered the amazingly preserved petrified remains of a 110 million-year-old dinosaur.
- Kansas archaeologist rediscovers lost Native American city.
- A baffling brain defect has been linked to gut bacteria.
- Toyota backs flying car project in Japan.
- We are on the verge of discovering aliens, according to these scientists.
- Solving the Fermi Paradox: could advanced aliens be Lovecraftian ‘Old Ones’, sleeping through the eons?
- What if we discovered an alien civilization *less* advanced than our own?
- Where have all the insects gone? Dramatic decline in insect biomass recorded.
- Never-before-seen footage shows ‘unicorn of the sea’ using its tusk to stun fish.
- Humans have a poor sense of smell? It’s just a myth.
- Three physicists publish an article in Sci-Am criticising the prevailing cosmological theory – other scientists didn’t like that.
- Bouncing electrons off a time mirror.
- Image of the Day: What lies beneath?
Quote of the Day:
I want all of my new special agents and intelligence analysts to understand the FBI’s history [of] interaction with Dr. [Martin Luther] King and draw from it an understanding of the dangers of falling in love with our own rectitude. And the importance of being immersed in that design of the founders with oversight by the courts and Congress so that we don’t fall in love with our own view of things.
James Comey (2014)