Slow news day…
- Five impossible things that the laws of physics might actually allow.
- A secret history of military paranormal science.
- Real search for aliens gets a weird signal from a sci-fi world.
- The search for life on Mars is about to get weird. We like weird.
- Parasite living inside fish’s eyeball controls its behaviour. Maybe we don’t like that kind of weird. No, not at all.
- How a wasp turns cockroaches into zombies.
- Suffering a brain injury can make you more religious, scientists say. Like, say, an injury from venom injected by a wasp?
- Hindu nationalists try to genetically engineer ‘genius’ babies in India.
- Alex Jones’s media empire is a machine built to sell snake-oil diet supplements.
- Archaeologists unearth a unique funeral garden in Egypt.
- An alien-hunting submarine is being tested in Antarctica.
- When is the ideal moment in history to launch a starship?
- Image of the Day: the clouds of Titan.
Quote of the Day:
If I see eleven
You can say it’s seven
Still I wish you heaven
Prince, “I Wish U Heaven”