- Primitive human Homo naledi lived much more recently than previously thought.
- The ultimate cold case solved: new analyses show that Ötzi the Iceman simply froze to death.
- Odd new theory explains how early Earth got its oxygen.
- Researchers propose plan for terraforming Mars: smash an asteroid into it.
- Three historical theories that might finally convince you that aliens are real.
- Why has the number of UFO sightings in the U.S. more than tripled since 2001?
- Professor says technological aliens once inhabited our solar system.
- The bloop: an underwater mystery that took nearly 20 years to solve.
- Mysterious shapes and patterns discovered in Arctic and Antarctic sea floors.
- Leaked documents show the NSA spied on scientists looking for ‘nefarious’ genetic research.
- Gut bacteria can influence brain activity, new research finds. You are legion, for you are many…
- The diseases you only get if you believe in them.
- A guide to why your world is a hallucination.
- Psychic stabs himself to death while trying to prove his immortality.
- There is a place in China where Shaolin monks really do fly.
- Are flying cars the future?
- An artificial womb has successfully grown a baby sheep – and humans could be next.
- Image of the Day: 7.5 billion people on a pinhead.
Quote of the Day:
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.