- Surprising origins of Indonesian ‘hobbits’ uncovered. “Middle Earth” would have surprised me more, to be honest.
- ‘Lighting in the Water‘: the mysterious Polynesian navigation method known as te lapa, ‘the flashing’.
- Leonardo da Vinci relics discovered that could potentially provide his DNA.
- Hole accidentally cut in museum floor reveals stairs to hidden tomb of five archbishops.
- Egyptian ministry staff face trial over theft from Giza pyramids.
- The lonely pyramids of Giza – Egyptian tourism’s decline in the wake of terrorist attacks.
- A painting of a crying boy was blamed for a series of fires in the 1980s.
- How an Earth science outsider put the Pangea puzzle together with his ‘heretical’ theory.
- Is quantum theory about reality, or what we know?
- SETI’s largest project reveals that eleven signals from space may point to aliens.
- Facebook is working on telepathy tech.
- Zapping the brain at certain times improves memory. Does Facebook get to do that too?
- Where did language come from?
- Making impossible objects with mirrors.
- Was artist Edvard Munch inspired by ‘screaming clouds‘?
- Steve Bannon and the occult: the right wing’s long, strange love affair with New Age mysticism.
- Image of the Day: Meet the beautiful, newly discovered atmospheric phenomenon named Steve.
Thanks Grandma Grail.
Quote of the Day:
You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.