Life goals: to be as happy as baby goats in pyjamas…
- Do engravings at the ancient megalithic site of Göbekli Tepe record a catastrophic comet strike on Earth 12,000 years ago?
- Russian mathematicians claim to have unlocked the secret of the mysterious Voynich Manuscript.
- Living with the dead. More on the funerary customs of the Toraja people can be found in this Grail article from a couple of years ago.
- The cryogenic ‘fortress’ designed to help people live forever.
- Our quantum problem – when the deepest theory seems to undermine science itself, some kind of collapse looks inevitable.
- Scientists have observed epigenetic memories being passed down for 14 generations.
- Court rules that excessive, work-related use of cell phone caused brain tumour.
- The secret X-37B space plane has now been in orbit for over 700 days.
- What to do if an asteroid is coming your way. Duck and cover?
- The colossal hand of Hercules is, well, colossal…but where is the rest of him?
- Lost city of the Wichita nation found in Kansas.
- In the high deserts of Chile, the landscape is dotted by 15-foot-high piles of gypsum crystals. The answer to how they got there is in the wind.
- Hoard of 900 gold sovereigns found hidden in a donated school piano.
- Image of the Day: Red sprites on the beach. Woooowwww.
Quote of the Day:
The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and the other begins?
Edgar Allan Poe