Happy Bicycle Day!
- Psychedelic drugs induce ‘heightened state of consciousness‘, brain scans show.
- Ancient shamanic drug ayahuasca improves hard-to-treat depression.
- Watchers of the Earth: indigenous peoples around the world tell myths which contain warning signs for natural disasters – scientists are now listening.
- Solstic alignments discovered in ‘Peter Pan’ gardens.
- Unidentified flying objects that made an impact on early history.
- Discovery of 14,000-year-old human settlement in Canada could rewrite North American history.
- Eight mummies and other treasures found in Luxor tomb bonanza.
- God in the machine: my strange journey into transhumanism.
- You’re already dead: celebrating 25 years of the cult movie Jacob’s Ladder.
- Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of religion.
- Pigs, parrots and people: the problem of animal personality.
- Possibility of silicon-based life grows.
- New study suggests there could be a hidden biosphere six miles below us, under the Earth’s crust.
- New theory may explain the ‘music of the meteors‘.
- Antarctica’s sleeping ice giant could wake soon.
- Scientists have found live specimens of the legendary giant shipworm for the first time.
- Odds that Tasmanian Tigers are still alive are 1 in 1.6 trillion.
- Could brain stimulation help fight obesity?
- Frog mucus compound kills many strains of the human flu. Which would put a whole new spin on “got a frog in my throat”…
- Weaponized sperm.
Quote of the Day:
In studying the literature connected with my work, I became aware of the great universal significance of visionary experience. It plays a dominant role, not only in mysticism and the history of religion, but also in the creative process in art, literature, and science. More recent investigations have shown that many persons also have visionary experiences in daily life, though most of us fail to recognize their meaning and value.