- Paranoia, conspiracy theory and a plan to make America great again: The Illuminati panic of the 1790s.
- America’s ten most popular conspiracy theories.
- Meet the artist using ritual magic to trap self-driving cars.
- The secret arts of early modern treasure-hunters.
- Some corpses may mysteriously heat up after death.
- There was an outbreak of cannibalism 10,000 years ago in Spain.
- Satanists take aim at the practice of school spanking.
- The Large Hadron Collider has discovered five new sub-atomic particles that could help to explain how the centres of atoms are held together.
- No, we probably don’t live in a computer simulation.
- Stephen Hawking will visit space aboard Virgin Galactic.
- Jeff Bezos sitting at the controls of a giant robot totally does not look like a Bond villain.
- Google executive claims that robots will be ‘as intelligent as people‘ within 12 years.
- FBI investigation into Russian interference in election will examine websites including Alex Jones’s InfoWars.
- Designer babies: reproductive technology’s future is incredible – and questionable.
- Peer into the post-apocalyptic future of anti-microbial resistance.
- Extreme survival skills: Tardigrades turn into glass to survive complete dehydration.
- Video(s) of the Day: Previously unseen nuclear test footage uploaded to YouTube.
Thanks to @MattStaggs.
Quote of the Day:
Reality has one advantage over fiction – it does not have to be plausible.