Face-eatingly good news briefs today…
- Explorers find disease-cursed City of the Monkey God and nearly lose their faces to flesh-eating parasite.
- 2000-year-old carving and 16th century manuscript reveal some Maya came from across the sea.
- Green light given for highway under Stonehenge.
- Aboriginal Australians co-existed with ancient megafauna for at least 17,000 years.
- Most alien planets will be either lush, or dead.
- A breakthrough in the search for the origin of complex life.
- Scientists say they may have new evidence in the D.B. Cooper case.
- Ultimate conspiracy: a conspiracy against Reddit’s conspiracy community?
- What it’s like to hear voices in your head every day.
- The Russian spy who convinced America to take ESP seriously.
- The strange case of the Minnesota Iceman.
- Australian man intentionally gets himself arrested for LSD use in order to challenge state laws.
- Smart watches can tell if you’re getting a cold days before you feel ill.
- Vampire bats are now drinking human blood in Brazil.
- Image of the Day: Owls look a little different without their feathers….
Quote of the Day:
There’s an old Italian proverb, ‘When four people sit down to conspire three of them are fools and the fourth is a government agent’. I believe with modern surveillance techniques that’s more true than ever, and any overt action against the power structure is doomed to failure because of the techniques of control that have been developed. But the anarchistic impulses of art cannot be governed.
Robert Anton Wilson