- ‘Alien megastructure’ signal may be caused by a star eating a planet. Or possibly Galactus eating a planet.
- From Westworld to Stranger Things and The OA – what’s with pop culture’s dive into the metaphysical?
- Weaponised narrative is the new battle-space.
- Geoengineering schemes could block view of the night sky, astronomers warn.
- Turkish government-backed documentary on Göbekli Tepe angers archaeologists with claim that the world’s oldest-known temple was constructed by the Biblical Abraham’s father.
- Mystery writer Agatha Christie played a little-known role in the excavation of ancient Nimrud.
- Ancient ‘Plain of Jars’ burial site recreated in virtual reality.
- Hunter-gatherers may have occupied the high-altitude Tibetan plateau as early as 12,000 to 13,000 years ago.
- Living near heavy traffic increases risk of dementia, according to new research.
- IBM says that in five years we’ll have tech that will enable us to see like Superman.
- The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Vegas is a bad place to take LSD for the first time.
- The ability to control dreams may help us unravel the mystery of consciousness.
- Are we entering ‘the Great Dying‘?
- Twin Peaks will return to TV screens on May 21st.
- ‘Starfish’ UFO photographed over Tucson.
- Live 90-year-old grenade found in cupboard at Israeli museum.
- Image of the Day: Across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic regarded this Earth with envious eyes…
Quote of the Day:
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.