- Area 51 revealed: Aerial timelapse of mysterious government base reveals how much it has grown over the years.
- Does the linguistic theory at the centre of the film Arrival have any merit?
- The astrophysicist searching the Universe’s “dark stars‘. Can’t we just call them Blackstars?
- Ground control to Major Buzz: Recuperating Apollo 11 astronaut’s doctor is David Bowie.
- German lunar mission to put Moon landing hoax claims to rest.
- ‘Mythical’ sea blob finally spotted a century after its discovery.
- The regular use of Caesarean sections is having an impact on human evolution, scientists say.
- Scientists find evidence of intelligent tool use 300,000 years ago.
- Opening skulls and minds: the Chinese were performing trepanation more than 3500 years ago.
- Turquoise-decorated skull from Mexico, long considered an ancient masterpiece, turns out to be a modern forgery.
- Did hallucinogenic bread spark the Salem witch trials?
- Starseed Signals, a long lost manuscript by Robert Anton Wilson to be published.
- Was this reporter killed because she was writing a tell-all about JFK’s assassination?
- Nuking hurricanes: The surprising history of a really bad idea.
Quote of the Day:
They say that great beasts once roamed this world, as big as mountains. Yet all that’s left of them is bone and amber. Time undoes even the mightiest of creatures.
Dolores (in ‘Westworld‘)