Check out our new book, Spirits of Place, featuring essays from the likes of Alan Moore and Warren Ellis!
- The pleasures of incomprehensibility: the delightful mysteries of the Voynich Manuscript.
- Searching for lost knowledge in the age of intelligent machines.
- Victory at Standing Rock.
- One woman’s amazing project to save a vanishing Native American language.
- Stolen mummy hand makes its way home to Egypt. Script-writers, the hard work has been done for you already.
- Oh dayum, too late! Teaser trailer released for The Mummy.
- Star of Bethlehem may not have been a star after all, scientist says.
- Alien life could thrive in the clouds of failed stars.
- After 60 years, is nuclear fusion about to deliver on its promises?
- Physicists mold giant photons into custom shapes.
- Chimpanzees recognise each other’s butts like we recognise faces. Insert cheeks joke here.
- How scientists can manipulate memories with light.
- Gene editing must reckon with the unforeseen.
- Suspect with assault rifle arrested at pizza restaurant went there to investigate Clinton conspiracy theory advanced by Alex Jones.
- In related conspiracy news: Does Alex Jones have a side career as an acid house musician?
- Global Drug Survey to peel back the curtain on professionals ‘microdosing’ on LSD and magic mushrooms to improve their performance.
- Neuroscience hasn’t been ‘weaponized’ – it’s been a tool of war from the start.
Quote of the Day:
If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over time, cease to react to all.