Four horsemen, incoming…
- Asteroids are not the only space threat to our existence.
- The Coming Flood: “It’s no longer a question of whether the West Antarctic Ice Sheet will melt, it’s a question of when.”
- Decline in bees could wipe out British apple industry, scientists say.
- Let’s colonize Titan.
- Freelancing an interstellar message.
- NASA’s EmDrive and the quantum theory of pilot waves.
- How an award-winning economist’s weird discovery may challenge general relativity.
- Researchers claim time travel is possible.
- Decades after psychedelic drugs were outlawed, new scientific trials are revealing their dramatic therapeutic potential.
- This is your brain on God: Religious experiences and neural circuits.
- Here’s what placebos can, and can’t, heal.
- Ten ancient languages with unknown origins.
- This ancient Japanese megalith appears to levitate above a small pond.
- Pre-Columbian murals and Norse sagas suggest the Vikings met the Aztecs – and the outcome was not pretty.
- If animals have rights, should robots?
- Erotic ectoplasmic birth: Vaginas and scientific probing in the age of Spiritualism.
- Image(s) of the Day: Time’s 100 most influential images of all time.
Quote of the Day:
So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand.