Dreaming of electric sheep…
- Google’s DeepMind AI can lip-read TV shows better than a pro.
- At home with the man who has made robot ‘children’ for 30 years.
- Tesla is powering an entire island with solar energy.
- The Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca Head: Evidence for ancient Roman transatlantic voyages, a Viking souvenir, or a hoax?
- Inside Bolivia’s skull festival, where the dead get diamonds and sunglasses.
- NDEs in the ICU.
- Non-invasive deep-brain stimulation using external electrical currents.
- Using ‘big data’ analysis techniques on UFO catalogues.
- Physicists uncover strange numbers in particle collisions.
- Egypt unearths 7000-year-old lost city.
- Glass-making may have begun in Egypt, not Mesopotamia as previously thought.
- The latest Mysterious Universe podcast discusses tales of ancient technology and ‘Manna-machines’.
- Hidden ‘dark’ galaxy found orbiting the Milky Way.
- Has dogma derailed the scientific search for dark matter?
- Fake science news is just as bad as fake news.
- In Fiji, ants have learned to grow plants to house their massive colonies.
- Video of the Day: At what point does a murmuration of starlings become a single organism?
Quote of the Day:
Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups… So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing.
Philip K. Dick (1978)