- An astrolinguist explains how to talk to aliens.
- The new Google Earth virtual reality app is literally convincing people we are living in a simulation.
- Stopping killer robots at the source (code).
- Global sea ice shrinking at unprecedented speeds, warns scientist.
- A cure for ageing? Scientists discover breakthrough procedure to replace specific parts of ageing cells.
- How ‘thunderstorm asthma‘ stopped a city.
- Why China’s ‘Terracotta Warriors’ are stirring controversy.
- Ancient inscriptions show life once flourished in Jordan’s “Black Desert”.
- 46,000-year-old kangaroo bone ornament is oldest bone jewelry ever found.
- Expert claims new footage shows a Tasmanian Tiger roaming around in Western Australia.
- Ouija: the forbidden interview.
- Jesus was an alien: Inside the strange theology fo the Aetherius Society.
- SETI in the Anthropocene.
- Why did ancient Italians bury thousands of clay body parts?
- Why was the founder of Discordianism writing a novel about Lee Harvey Oswald years before the JFK assassination?
- Image(s) of the Day: Aliens of the deep.
Quote of the Day:
I sometimes fear that people might think that fascism arrives in fancy dress worn by grotesques and monsters as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.
Fascism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you…
It doesn’t walk in saying, “Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution.”