Leading off today’s news briefs with a few election-related items – please forgive our obvious bias toward Giant Space Rock as the ideal candidate to solve our problems…
- Will NASA’s new asteroid intruder alert system warn us in time of incoming danger?
- In late October, NASA and FEMA practiced emergency operations for an asteroid impact.
- The challenge of catching an asteroid.
- Leaked NASA paper shows the ‘impossible’ EM Drive really does work.
- Nazi warplane design inspires NASA’s next Mars explorer. Wernher would be a little misty-eyed…
- Self-sustaining robot eats living organisms to survive. Which can only end well…
- Scientists have detected a crack in Earth’s magnetic shield.
- Diver may have found a lost nuclear weapon.
- World’s oldest map was used in ancient magic rituals.
- Why the body in your dreams may not match the real you.
- A new era of mind control.
- Why did the KLF burn £1 million in cash on Scots island of Jura? For more details on this fascinating story, you need this book.
- Digging into Liverpool’s secret tunnels.
- The otherworldly history of the Demogorgon.
- Shock claim of evidence showing that consciousness may continue after death.
- Harvard study decrypts the ancient mystery of consciousness.
- Study finds that kinky sex lifts our consciousness into a heightened state of “flow”.
- Giant snowballs appear on a beach in Siberia.
- The town that nearly danced itself to death.
- Aristotle was wrong, and so are we: there are far more than five senses.
Quote of the Day:
The news is not a pure representation of reality; it’s something that has been twisted by business people to harvest attention, which is then converted into money. That’s where it gets incredibly nefarious.