It’s Halloween! That special day when news editors across the planet suddenly ask their writers to do something on the paranormal…
- 350-year-old Scottish witchcraft book published online.
- Study finds that Frankenstein’s monster would have wiped out humanity within 4000 years if allowed to escape.
- What are the top three scientific explanations for ghost sightings?
- The science behind the world’s most convincing ghost effect.
- The real-life diseases that spread the vampire myth.
- The myths, and reality, behind the Werewolf legend.
- Proton packs and teddy bears: The pseudoscientific history of ghost-hunting gadgets.
- Want to practice witchcraft, but want to avoid discrimination? Join the Army!
- The Ouija board’s mysterious origins: war, spirits, and a strange death.
- British public asked to keep an eye out for ancient witch marks in buildings.
- Scary streets: which are the world’s most haunted cities?
- Australia’s 5 best UFO sightings.
- ISS spacewalks shown ‘live’ on Facebook were fakes.
- Flaw in fossil-dating analysis casts doubt on years of evolutionary research.
- Reimagining a shadowy medieval brotherhood that probably didn’t exist.
- At Jesus’ Jerusalem tomb, a race to reach the original rock ‘where his body was laid’
- Ending the world, for science! Should we start regulating ‘ultra-hazardous research that has the potential to destroy humanity?
- In case you were voting for ‘Asteroid strike’ this election…start sharpening your pencil: NASA system spots asteroid on near-collision course with Earth.
- Image of the Day: Spaceship photographed flying past the Moon.
Quote of the Day:
It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.