- RIP, Schiaparelli. European Mars Lander’s crash site seen by NASA probe.
- Failure of the ESA Lander has brought out the Mars Rover truthers.
- Elon Musk offers more on his Mars plans in his AMA at Reddit.
- Our universe could annihilate itself at the speed of light.
- Astronomically-aligned temple in Siwa Oasis was an ancient calendar device.
- New research suggests Pacific islanders invented a new society on a city they built of coral and basalt.
- Roman coins have been discovered in ancient Japanese ruins, but their origin baffles.
- 1300-year-old antidepressant pills discovered in ancient centre for drug production in Turkey.
- Laos’ Plain of Jars recreated in virtual reality.
- Stephen Hawking wants to prevent artificial intelligence from killing us all.
- US police have gathered facial recognition files on half of adult Americans.
- The truth about astrological signs.
- Tantalizing hint of a new fundamental particle found in decades-old collision data.
- Scientists think they’ve cracked the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle through these mysterious cloud shapes.
- Virtual reality art piece harnesses the ‘revelatory state’ of the near-death experience.
- What’s that noise? 11 strange and mysterious sounds on Earth and beyond.
- Woman with skull on stick leads Sacramento police to body.
Quote of the Day:
Humans excel at wasting time, experimenting, playing, creating, and exploring. None of thse fare well under the scrutiny of productivity. That is why science and art are so hard to fund. But they are also the foundation of long-term growth. Yet our notions of jobs, of work, of the economy don’t include a lot of space for wasting time, experimenting, playing, creating and exploring.