- Bees can count to four, display emotions, and teach each other new skills.
- Can we open the black box of artificial intelligence?
- HBO’s new series Westworld is far more than a science fiction story about artifical intelligence – it’s also a Gnostic parable.
- Creepy Clown Crisis update: White House defers to FBI, author Stephen King calls for calm. That’s right, the author of It wants us to cool it on the creepy clown hysteria…
- Researchers suggest a link between the solar cycle and the tidal effects of Venus, the Earth and Jupiter.
- Man says VA hospital’s LSD experiments on human subjects sped his brother’s fall into schizophrenia.
- Medical advances won’t ever beat biology, which means humans won’t ever live much past 115 years.
- Researcher has 300 human brains growing in her lab.
- Blue Origin spaceship unexpectedly survives emergency escape-capsule test.
- The ‘Upside-Down’ parallel universe from Stranger Things could be real, says the US Secretary of Energy.
- British man may be the first person cured of HIV.
- Medicinal herb or myth? Indian official proposes hunt for Sanjivani of lore.
- The real Lord of the Rings: Jewellery from 3,500-year-old warrior’s tomb could give insights into the origins of Greek civilisation.
- The Twin Peaks tarot deck.
- The not-quite incorruptible St. Bernadette of Lourdes.
- Image of the Day: Lightning sprites spark above Hurricane Matthew.
Thanks Kat and @AnomalistNews.
Quote of the Day:
Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?
Ashley Stubbs (Luke Hemsworth) in HBO’s “Westworld”