To infinity, and…
- Elon Musk says SpaceX will go ‘well beyond’ Mars.
- ‘Alien megastructure’ may be explained by interstellar junk.
- Do dolphins dream of space travel?
- Project Orion: the plan to use nuclear bombs to propel spacecraft.
- The Moon’s birth may have vaporised most of the Earth.
- Is ball lightning a portal to another universe?
- The real-life X-Files: UFOs, flying saucers and the woman from Venus.
- Astronomers baffled by strange new twin planets.
- The strange second life of string theory.
- Losing the War on Unhappiness: A historian of ‘positive thinking’ declares surrender – almost.
- $283million flow of ancient artifacts to U.S. revealed.
- Divers discover exceptionally well-preserved human skeleton within the shipwreck that produced the Antikythera Mechanism.
- Was this masterpiece painted with ground-up Egyptian mummy?
- How Indigenous Australian storytelling accurately records sea level rises 7000-18,000 years ago
- Fisherman catches pagan god in river, takes it to local museum where staff literally jump for joy.
- Google’s DeepMind artificial intelligence has finally figured out how to talk.
- Entangled particles reveal even spookier action than previously thought.
- How astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson got his kid to test the tooth fairy.
- The irrational idea that humans are mostly irrational.
- The Mysterious Universe podcast chats with Anthony Peake about his new book Opening the Doors of Perception.
- Video of the Day: Watch the Cassini probe’s gorgeous 44-hour timelapse of Saturn.
Thanks Kat and Cat.
Quote of the Day:
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities.