I was dreamin’ when I wrote this…
- Mystery of the red cap on Pluto’s moon Charon solved. Mild spoiler: Charon is not a psychedelic mushroom.
- Taming quantum spookiness.
- Watch as five alarmingly calm men stand directly beneath an exploding atom bomb.
- ‘Memory hacker’ explains how to plant false memories in people’s minds.
- People can consciously control mental activity using brain scans for neurofeedback.
- Monkeys ‘typed’ Shakespeare with their minds, scientists say.
- Rare bird, now extinct in the wild, joins clever animal elite due to its use of tools.
- Mermaid fossil goes on display at Harvard Museum.
- This special effects team hoaxes paranormal activity at haunted locations, and business is booming.
- Giant company Bayer just bought giant company Monsanto…which means it now controls more than a quarter of all seeds and pesticides on the planet.
- Dakota pipeline protestors claim Facebook censored live video of mass arrest.
- The ‘Great Pacific Garbage Patch’ was a myth…but the myth we needed to save our oceans.
- You just survived the hottest month ever. Again.
- Image of the Day: A timeline of Earth’s average temperature, charted across human history since the last Ice Age.
Quote of the Day:
Life is just a party, and parties weren’t meant to last.