TFW you realise our message to aliens was that we are a bunch of stalkery swingers…
- Ancient Egyptians collected fossils.
- Discovery of artificial irrigation system in 7000-year-old olive tree plantation in Israel will require a significant change in how we perceive the agricultural sophistication of ancient people.
- Megalithic tombs in India dated to 3000 BCE.
- World’s oldest snowshoe discovered in Italian Alps.
- The extraordinary link between deep neural networks and the nature of the universe.
- The case for treating sugar like a dangerous drug.
- The full Moon is having a strange effect on cows.
- Russian nickel producer admits responsibility for ‘red river’.
- When evolution fights back against genetic engineering.
- Catfish falls from the sky, hits woman in the face.
- Crop circle enthusiast spends months photographing patterns as they appear.
- Watch researchers use sound to move multiple objects with precision.
- Paralyzed man regains use of arms and hands after experimental stem cell therapy.
- Elon Musk has not ruled out UFO as cause of SpaceX explosion.
- In the search for human life, an all-too-human communication failure.
- The prankster and the assassin: why was the co-founder of Discordianism writing a novel based on Lee Harvey Oswald before the JFK assassination?
- Was Grease the story of a drowning woman’s coma fantasy?
- Not funny: reports of creepy clowns spread to more cities.
- In 1981, clowns allegedly appeared across Boston, similar to current clown panic.
- North Dakota becomes first US state to legalise use of armed drones by the police. Which will totally end well I’m sure…
- Better use of the technology: drone surfing.
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos announces huge new 270-foot-tall reusable rocket.
- Image of the Day: photo of Burning Man taken from the TerraSAR-X satellite.
Quote of the Day:
We just don’t know at this point, because we haven’t had the chance to interview any clowns.
Greensboro police spokeswoman Susan Danielsen, discussing recent ‘creepy clown’ reports.