- SETI researchers announce discovery of a signal coming from a star in Hercules.
- Or is it just overblown hype?
- Pope’s astronomer ponders alien baptism.
- China: the new space superpower.
- Attack of the killer robots.
- Prepping for doomsday.
- Alex Jones’s Infowars hacked. Let the true hysteria begin.
- Ancient tablet reveals mysterious goddess-worshipping cult.
- Why did our ancestors drill holes in each other’s skulls?
- Was Blackbeard a good guy? Infamous pirate’s blood-thirsty reputation quashed by historian.
- Early human ancestor Lucy “died falling out of a tree“.
- Rare dodo skeleton goes on sale.
- A lion?! In Australia?!! Australia’s ancient pouched predator.
- Canadian fishermen catch legendary century-old sturgeon.
- Slugs found to feast on baby birds. Happy thoughts!
- Dogs know when you’re giving them half-assed praise, new canine language study finds.
- Majority of mathematicians found to hail from just (24 + 23) scientific families.
- Physicist finds quantum entanglement instantly gives rise to a wormhole connecting the two particles.
- Bedtime story of the day: South Carolina residents warned of nightmarish clown luring children into the woods.
Thanks Kat and @djp1974.
Quote of the Day:
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.
Gene Wilder (as Willy Wonka, from Arthur O’Shaughnessy’s Ode)