- Publisher wins rights to print 898 exact replicas of the Voynich manuscript, a book no one can read.
- Geologist makes controversial claim that mysterious tracks in Turkey were created by an unknown civilization millions of years ago.
- 4500-year-old grave of Siberian noblewoman discovered – with links to Native Americans.
- Stash of obsidian blades, hidden for a thousand years, discovered in Oregon. I’m not saying this means the White Walkers are coming, but I’m not not saying that either…
- Struck by bad luck: Meet the woman whose life was ruined by a cursed meteorite.
- 109P/Swift-Tuttle: the most dangerous object known to humanity.
- Space elevator fans keep looking up, even when they’re stuck on the ground floor.
- This submersible is designed to explore an alien sea.
- Questions remain for ‘aliens’ around Tabby’s Star.
- Will the ‘Great Attractor’ eat our galaxy?
- Soon we’ll be able to hack people’s brains to give them enhanced morals. But should we?
- The secret LSD-fuelled CIA experiment that inspired Stranger Things.
- What Lies Beyond: Magonia review of books looks at The Myth of an Afterlife: The Case Against Life After Death.
- The mystery of the hiccuping girls of Old Salem.
- The secret libraries of history.
- Dung-erdome: Farmer and 16 cows die from ‘deadly dome’ of manure.
Quote of the Day:
Kindness is in our power even when fondness is not.