Come on baby light my goblet of fire…
- Physicists confirm possible discovery of fifth force of nature.
- Researchers orbit a muon around an atom, and confirm physics is broken.
- Our universe just got a bit smaller. In which ‘a bit’ = 320 million light-years. Keep that in mind the next time you ask for just ‘a bit’ of cake.
- Mind over matter: simply imagining a workout can make you stronger.
- Athletes gain real advantages from being superstitious, say psychologists.
- Witchcraft shop refuses to serve Harry Potter fans because it sells “spiritual tools”, not toys for young Muggles.
- Annoyed scientists publish study on chemtrail conspiracy theories.
- How a legal loophole could trigger a landgrab for the Moon’s most valuable real estate.
- What if we haven’t found aliens because humans came first?
- Mars space station could pave the way for first footsteps on the Red Planet.
- Researchers demonstrate acoustic levitation of a large sphere.
- Virus ‘re-programs’ infected plants, making their scent more attractive to bees.
- The slow growth movement – or why microbiologists may have been doing it all wrong.
- 4000-year-old stone scalpels found in Peru shed light on ancient medical practices.
- Tiny bead from Bulgaria may be the world’s oldest gold artifact.
- Crowd-sourcing the search for lost ancient cities – using a million dollar prize.
- Video of the Day: The lost underwater city of Thonis-Heracleion.
Thanks to @UnlikelyWorlds.
Quote of the Day:
There’s a lot of money in wars, except in the war on poverty. Can’t make any bread helping the poor.