Hang on tight fellow Grailers, as we explore today’s news briefs together…
- Mystery object in weird orbit beyond Neptune cannot be explained.
- Tabby’s Star: is it beginning to look a lot like aliens?
- NASA accidentally sold a precious Apollo artifact.
- Will modern-day skyscrapers outlast the pyramids?
- A solar flare almost caused nuclear war in 1967.
- ESP in EEG? Study finds that people’s brains show a neural spike when a friend’s brain is stimulated.
- The case for treating near-death experiences like acid trips.
- A skeptical view of a recent study on spirit mediums.
- Girly Ghosthunters: how the first all-female paranormal investigation team made ghost-hunting history.
- Husband and wife married for 63 years die 20 minutes apart.
- Man wins lottery six days after surviving plane crash in Dubai.
- Hidden meanings in Hieronymus Bosch’s The Garden of Earthly Delights.
- Please Michael Phelps, stop cupping.
- Wild crows found to possess tool-craft talent.
- Russian navy plans to make a city disappear using strange-smelling fog.
- Church plans to use drones to bomb Daesh in Syria…with Bibles.
- Image of the Day: Close-up of the hand of a 2000-year-old ‘bog body’.
- Video of the Day: Drone-eye view of Stonehenge (no Bible-dropping).
Quote of the Day:
The real problem of humanity is the following: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and god-like technology