- Archaeologists find elongated skull of a woman with jewel-encrusted teeth at Teotihuacan.
- Budj Bim in Australia had sprawling villages of stone houses and an aquaculture system that pre-dated Egypt’s pyramids by at least 4000 years.
- Archaeologists have discovered 23 shipwrecks in 22 days in the Aegean Sea.
- 12,000-year-old shaman had a bizarre six-part funeral that involved a HUMAN foot, eagle’s wing and 86 tortoises.
- The quantum origin of time – some scientists think the past may not be set in stone.
- Michio Kaku says we could become immortal by uploading our minds to machines.
- That time the U.S. government conducted telepathy experiments at Fort Meade.
- The original female ghostbuster.
- Earliest evidence of monkeys’ use of stone tools found.
- The ‘cure for homosexuality’ experiments that were written out of history.
- Containing a super-intelligent AI is theoretically impossible.
- The speed of light is the speed of causality.
- Having three genetic parents makes mice age better.
- Brain zapping may sharpen vision.
- OTOH: DIY brain stimulation could have scary side effects, doctors warn.
- The Westboro Baptist Church is getting owned in Pokémon Go.
- True coincidences are hard to find.
- Radiation from ancient supernovae may have given evolution an astrophysical push.
- Astronomers say they’ve spotted a dwarf planet that’s farther out than Pluto.
- Identical twin sisters in different cities give birth at the exact same time.
- Image of the Day: Receiving transmission from Planet Fabulous.
Quote of the Day:
There is no way to peace; peace is the way.
A. J. Muste