Be nice to as many people as you possibly can. Lord knows, we all need it…
- The mind isn’t locked in the brain, but extends far beyond it.
- There’s no such thing as free will…but we’re better off believing in it anyway.
- A rational nation ruled by science would be a terrible idea.
- On the flipside: religious extremists Daesh have been erasing Syria’s rich cultural history, to the point of crushing mummies with bulldozers. We can only hope the Old Gods are displeased…
- Prehistoric tattoos were made with volcanic glass tools. Also: White walkers.
- Vatican unveils ancient frescoes that could show that women held power in the early Church.
- As the Earth’s temperature continues to rise at an alarming rate, Britain faces the threat of catastrophic flooding.
- Over 100 years after the most powerful explosion in documented history, researchers are still trying to figure out exactly what happened at Tunguska.
- NASA lies about Jupiter probe, media swallows it.
- This planet with 3 suns shouldn’t even exist.
- Ghostbusters, and why we like to laugh at things that go bump in the night.
- Fatality forces Tesla to confront the limits of their cars’ ‘autopilot’ option.
- ‘Vatileaks’ pair convicted of leaking official documents about Vatican corruption.
- Wandering the labyrinth: monsters and magic.
- Kiefer Sutherland to resurrect his character in the Flatliners remake?
- Rat heart cells power robotic sting-ray
- This is your brain on silence.
Quote of the Day:
The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy; instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it…Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.