A reminder: if you would like to be in the draw for a cool prize this month, offer some support as a ‘Friend of the Grail‘ (e.g. by chipping in a few dollars a month to help keep our heads above water)…
- Scientists are teaching robots how to hunt prey. Because that’s exactly what we need to do after previously doing this.
- DARPA goes full Tron with its grand battle of the hack bots. Never go full Tron.
- ‘Hyperloop’ connecting Helsinki and Stockholm turns a 300-mile round trip into a 28 minute ride.
- When artificial intelligence goes wrong, we won’t be able to ask it why.
- Getting to know the machine elves: long-term immersion in the DMT realm through controlled intravenous injection.
- Some of the very best alien conspiracy theories.
- Who is this man who seems to die in every terrorist attack?
- Fortcast – a transmission of the strange.
- The great sulphur pyramids of Alberta dwarf the pyramids of Egypt.
- If we return Nazi-looted art, the same should go for empire-looted treasures.
- Why is there a seed vault in the Arctic Circle?
- How the American Pledge of Allegiance went from PR gimmick to patriotic vow.
- Scientist claims he’s discovered a magnetic ‘sixth sense’ in humans.
- Image of the Day: The galaxy at the end of the ocean.
Quote of the Day:
One day the AIs are going to look back on us the same way we look at fossil skeletons on the plains of Africa. An upright ape living in dust with crude language and tools, all set for extinction
Nathan (Ex Machina)