Juno insertion? Sounds like the worst movie prequel ever…
- Juno space probe successfully inserted into orbit around Jupiter.
- Here’s what to expect from the mission now that Juno is in orbit around the biggest planet in our solar system.
- War, on drugs – using chemicals to get in a killing mood.
- How to spot alien life: new equation could help astronomers pinpoint planets that are home to extraterrestrials.
- China builds world’s largest radio telescope to hunt for aliens.
- Consciousness: the mind messing with the mind.
- As a psychiatrist, I diagnose mental illness. Also, I help spot demonic possession.
- Digital analysis of the Dead Sea Scrolls says Noah’s Ark was a pyramid.
- Mining the treasures of the Antikythera.
- Prehistoric cave contains a hidden, 6000-year-old telescope.
- Woman arrested for threatening to kill Stephen Hawking.
- A strange case of consensual murder.
- Japan’s first VR porn festival shut down, because too many people wanted to come. I did not write that headline, though I wish I did.
- Could cannabis cure Alzheimer’s? Drug’s active ingredient ‘helps remove key toxic protein from brain cells’.
- ‘Badass librarians‘ foil Al Qaeda, save ancient manuscripts.
- The occult returns to the art world.
Quote of the Day:
From out there on the Moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.’
Edgar Mitchell (Apollo 14 astronaut)