- The sun has ‘gone blank’ for the second time this month. Here’s what that means.
- Stephen Hawking warns of an ‘artificial intelligence arms race‘.
- Deathnauts: Strange scientific journeys into the afterlife.
- These people UFO so much harder than you. Wired throwing down the gauntlet to Grailers right there…
- The man who left his body.
- Spray and pray: Does intranasal oxytocin increase spirituality?
- Huge cache of ancient helium discovered in Africa’s Rift Valley. Someone turn this into a comedy skit, stat!
- First telescope to track dangerous asteroids goes live in Russia.
- Prosecutor may use a ‘witness’ parrot’s words as evidence in murder trial.
- An interview with John Higgs about Robert Anton Wilson, the KLF, and the cult of the individual.
- New evidence suggests that sperm whales form clans with diverse cultures and languages.
- Plants grown in simulated Mars conditions found to be safe to eat.
- Memorial planned for Isaac Newton would have eclipsed the pyramids.
- 30 years on, why is Jim Henson’s Labyrinth so memorable?
Quote of the Day:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.