- Funding campaign to study mysterious ‘alien megastructure’ reaches its target.
- SETI eavesdrops on a nearby star in smart alien hunt.
- Scientists have invented a mind-reading machine. But it doesn’t work all that well.
- Why you should worry about intelligent machines.
- Can we sense invisible magnetic fields?
- Mystery of the bent trees: Expert claims trunks that veer into a right angle found dotted around the US are secret Native American trail markers.
- When monkeys lose a friend they grieve for hours.
- Ancient long-headed skull from Korea was naturally formed.
- More treasures recovered from Antikythera Wreck.
- The Folklore Tapes: Excavating England’s ‘black dog’ and occult stories.
- Researchers with The Immortality Project publish book that offers naturalistic explanation of near-death experiences.
- Quantum mechanics might be even weirder than we thought.
Quote of the Day:
Science is perhaps the most effective tool that human consciousness has yet developed with which to explore the outer universe, and yet this polished and sophisticated instrument of scrutiny is hindered by one glaring blind-spot in that it cannot examine consciousness itself.