It’s the simple joys in life…
- The Moon-walking, alien-hunting psychic astronaut who got sued by NASA.
- Maybe life in the cosmos is rare after all.
- Tech tycoon stirs up debate over search for killer asteroids.
- Swarms of octopus are taking over the oceans. Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.
- This lake killed more than 1700 people when it ‘burped’ a massive cloud of carbon dioxide.
- Forensic scientists once tried to ‘see’ a dead person’s last sight by extracting their eyeballs.
- Stonehenge wasn’t so hard to build after all, archaeologists discover.
- Step inside the smoke-filled witchcraft market of Mexico.
- Magic bowls of antiquity offer insights into ancient societies and today’s shadowy antiquities market.
- Checklist of worst-case scenarios could help prepare for evil AI.
- New evidence could overthrow the standard view of quantum mechanics.
- Is UFO ‘disclosure’ imminent?
- The strange and twisting case of r/A858, Reddit’s indecipherable Stonehenge.
- Fortean approaches to religion.
- India launches mini-space shuttle.
- Have we moved into a new geological era – the Anthropocene?
- The philosophy of virtual reality.
- Why science needs to break the spell of reductive materialism.
- Dreams might not be omens or prophecies in a mystical sense, but they do have a distinct psychological predictive power.
- Does remembering memories put them in danger of being modified?
- Brainjacking: the future of software security for neural implants.
- Monkey seen caring for dying mate then grieving after she dies.
- We’re still discovering plenty of new species.
- Video of the Day: Darth by Darthwest.
Thanks Gwyllm and Robin.
Quote of the Day:
Religion is belief in a supreme being. Science is belief in a supreme generalization. Essentially they are the same. Both are the suppressors of witchcraft.