Happy Bicycle Day!
- More than 1000 world leaders say the ‘war on drugs’ has been a disaster.
- How an army of Deadheads (and their LSD) invented Silicon Valley.
- New theory of human consciousness resolves Zeno’s Paradox, positing that life is a film.
- Welcome to your everlasting afterlife as a black box.
- Dolphins have a language that helps them solve problems together.
- How our attempts to understand dolphin communication are helping us search for extraterrestrials.
- Do honeybees feel? Scientists are entertaining the idea.
- Dinosaurs were already going extinct when the asteroid finished the job.
- Elon Musk will reveal Mars colonization plans in September.
- The race to find Planet Nine.
- If the pioneers behind Starshot Breakthrough get their way, Earth will become an (innocuous) Death Star.
- Cosmic ray technology may unlock pyramid secrets.
- Google’s parent company confirms plans to build the city of the future.
- Image(s) of the Day: Man does face-swap with ancient Egyptian statues in museum exhibit.
Quote of the Day:
Deliberate provocation of mystical experience, particularly by LSD and related hallucinogens, in contrast to spontaneous visionary experiences, entails dangers that must not be underestimated. Practitioners must take into account the peculiar effects of these substances, namely their ability to influence our consciousness, the innermost essence of our being. The history of LSD to date amply demonstrates the catastrophic consequences that can ensue when its profound effect is misjudged and the substance is mistaken for a pleasure drug.