Easter, such a time of joy! Hope you had a good one.
- Is the cold fusion egg about to hatch?
- Microsoft deletes ‘teen girl’ artificial intelligence after it became a Hitler-loving sex-robot within 24 hours.
- Leading neuroscientists and Buddhists agree that “consciousness is everywhere“. Yeah but how much of it is Hitler-loving sex-robot consciousness?
- Where do minds belong? Intelligence could have been moving back and forth between biological beings and machine receptacles for aeons.
- There’s a giant ice mountain lurking beneath the methane haze of Titan.
- The evolution of food in space: an infographic.
- The octopus that ruled Victorian London.
- If we could see the whole world…God, it would blow our little minds. An interview with neuroscientist David Eagleman.
- Microsoft unveils holoportation, allowing 3D models of people to be transmitted anywhere in the world to interact with others.
- Crossing over: how science is redefining life and death.
- Medieval monks invented King Arthur’s grave as an attraction to raise money.
- In the Philippines, people still take part in literal reenactments of the Crucifixion – right down to getting nails hammered into their hands.
- How alchemy, the forbidden science, changed world history.
- Image of the Day: Graph shows the descent of Europe into terrorism-related chaos. Oh, wait…
Quote of the Day:
Nice guys finish first. If you don’t know that, then you don’t know where the finish line is.