- Indonesian version of Tony Stark builds mind-controlled Iron Man-style bionic arm. Oh, and is possessed by spirits too…
- Pope John Paul II letters reveal intense relationship with married woman.
- ‘Hobbits’ found on Flores island are not Homo sapiens, but the mystery remains.
- Australian birds might be deliberately lighting fires in order to smoke their prey out.
- Four disabled musicians who can’t walk or talk have composed a piece of music with their minds.
- All in the mind? How research is showing the true healing power of the placebo. Jo Marchant’s Cure: A Journey into the Science of Mind Over Body is available from Amazon US and Amazon UK.
- Cults, conspiracies, and the utterly bizarre history of Sleepytime tea.
- 3D scan of the Apollo 11 command module reveals astronaut graffiti. Now if only they had scribbled something about Stanley Kubrick on there…
- The metaphysical astronauts. Imma let you finish Vice, but we were covering the Overview Effect years ago here on the Grail…
- NASA wants YOU, to explore Mars. In virtual reality, that is.
- Medium-size asteroid strike could unleash a mini-Ice Age, new study finds.
- Russia aims to point its missiles at the asteroid Apophis in 2036.
- Extinct plant species from at least 15 million years ago found trapped in amber.
- The lost library of John Dee – advisor to Queen Elizabeth I, the original 007 and a magician who communicated with angels.
- Rise of human civilisation tied to belief in punisher gods.
- New clues to the mystery of how our brains keep time.
- Image of the Day: Translucent Saturnian rings and their shadows. Magical.
- Video of the Day: Zero gravity music video.
Quote of the Day:
The majority of clinical trials are funded by pharma companies, which contributes to a medical system that prioritises the prescription of drugs, even for conditions such as pain that are strongly influenced by social and psychological factors.