- Australian researchers develop a paper-clip sized mind control device that sits inside your brain – and may one day help spinal injury victims walk again.
- Brain-damaged violinist makes music for the first time in 27 years using mind-reading technology.
- The Frankenstein fund: Neuroscientists battle for $100,000 prize offered to the first team to preserve a human brain…so it can be brought back to life.
- Why do people use flotation tanks?
- Weighing the evidence on mind-body medicine. For more, see Jo Marchant’s Cure: A Journey into the Science of Mind Over Body.
- New NASA spacecraft will be propelled by light.
- Starship Enterprise undergoes restoration.
- NASA’s front-line defence against killer rocks from space.
- Cockroach-like robots may be the future of disaster help.
- Mystery of how a tiny bacterium ‘sees’ solved: the entire organism acts like an eyeball.
- The lost giants of ancient Australia.
- Video of the Day: Mars in 360.
Thanks to Thommes, Kat and @mpesce.
Quote of the Day:
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.