Happy Crowleymas to all, and to all a good night…
- A dark presence: the waking nightmare of sleep paralysis.
- Also: Understanding sleep paralysis. (We wrote about this headline-making documentary back in June.)
- Why a resurgence of therapy that unearths ‘lost’ memories is risky.
- Neuroscience confirms your subconscious shapes your reality.
- Brain-washing: a “powerful and long-lived cultural fantasy“.
- The way in which neurosurgeons might one day fix mental disorders is shocking. Literally.
- Putting life on Mars: NASA unveils ambitious plan for human colony on the Red Planet. Only took them four decades from the Viking probes landing there…
- Should religions get a say on what’s allowed on planets other than Earth?
- Child abuse linked to exorcism and witchcraft is on the rise in the UK, according to police figures.
- The placebo effect is growing in strength.
- Christian cult that predicted end of the world last Wednesday will study the Bible for a revised deadline.
- Declassified report concluded CIA director led ‘cover-up’ of Kennedy assassination investigation.
- Are mass killings contagious?
- The tragic tale of Mount Everest’s most famous dead body, ‘Green Boots’.
- The falcon feather on the Moon.
- NASA confirms giant asteroid passed safely by the Earth on Saturday, a ‘near-miss’ at only 15 million miles away.
- Video of the Day: Bubbles in spaaaaaaaaaace.
Quote of the Day:
The most merciful thing in the world… is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H. P. Lovecraft