- Medieval skeleton found dangling from the roots of a fallen tree in Ireland.
- Hitler’s all-conquering stormtroopers felt invincible because of a crystal meth-style drug.
- A massive ancient Egyptian leather manuscript, with over 5 metres of text and drawings on it, has been rediscovered in Cairo.
- Do you dare enter a fairy ring?
- Robot ethicist calls for ban on sex robots.
- But: the inevitability of killer robots. Damn robots, whatever happened to make love, not war?!
- This exoskeleton is actually controlled by the wearer’s thoughts – no implants required.
- The mysteries of the Sator Square.
- Why are some Mormons preparing for doomsday?
- Antarctica might melt, drowning major cities.
- Meet the hackers who are decrypting your brainwaves.
- Witches of Seattle tell Vice about the appeal of magic.
- This experiment made Victorians believe that murder victims’ eyes contain an image of their killer.
- Seven mysterious rock formations to rival Stonehenge.
- The first human head transplant will take place in 2017. I’m guessing a lot of quadriplegics will be interested in how this guy plans to connect up the spinal cord…
- The uniquely American myth of Satanic cults. I question the “uniquely American” part of that headline…
- Russian astronaut takes record for longest time spent in space.
- People are getting Matrix-style brain implants to boost their memory.
- US Navy limits ‘whale-harming’ sonar use in the Pacific.
- Video of the Day: The people in this kayak just had the meaning of the phrase “having a whale of a time” redefined…
Quote of the Day:
The steel mills were laying people off left and right. They finally went under. We gave the steel companies a break when they needed it. You know what they gave themselves? Raises.
They Live (1988)