- What archaeologists really think about ancient aliens, lost colonies, and Fingerprints of the Gods. (You can ead the articles here).
- The lost tunnels buried deep beneath the UK.
- Mysterious shaft dug near archaeological museum in Jerusalem.
- Was King Arthur a Scottish general?
- Melting ice in Yellowstone is revealing ancient artifacts faster than researchers can handle.
- 3D printing revives Bronze Age music.
- For centuries, people have searched for answers in the bottom of a tea cup.
- What was behind Tolkien’s fascination with Finland?
- Large Hadron Collider signal hints at cracks in physics’ standard model.
- An information theory of losing consciousness.
- Do animals dream?
- When robots hallucinate: What do Google’s trippy neural network-generated images tell us about the human mind?
- Robot vehicles will reduce the chances of dying in a road accident by 80%.
- Video of the Day: Drone films puny humans surfing Tahiti’s Teahupo’o.
Quote of the Day:
In what terms should we think of these beings, nonhuman yet possessing so very many human-like characteristics? How should we treat them? Surely we should treat them with the same consideration and kindness as we show to other humans; and as we recognize human rights, so too should we recognize the rights of the great apes? Yes.