Man, video game graphics are getting realistic!
- What lies beneath: Istanbul’s city planners have a problem – too much history.
- Divers return to Antikythera wreck to see if there are other treasures as amazing as the advanced ‘astronomical computer‘ discovered there in 1900.
- Were these petroglyphs left in Canada by Scandinavians 3000 years ago?
- Why we need an alternative history of the 20th century. (Featuring our good friend John Higgs’ and his new book, Stranger Than We Can Imagine: Making Sense of the Twentieth Century)
- The unlikely reanimation of H.P. Lovecraft.
- How Gandhi’s ashes landed in Los Angeles.
- The Kaaba Black Stone: A holy stone from space?
- How SETI will understand messages broadcast by an alien intelligence.
- Alien encounters and odd animal sightings.
- Australian skywatcher who filmed UFOs says he was quizzed by men in black.
- Scientists reject claims of lab-grown human brain.
- Bat with record-breaking tongue found in the Bolivian jungle.
- Ants self-medicate to fight off fungal infection.
- Challenging gender identity: Biologists say gender expands across a spectrum, rather than simply being boy or girl.
- Meet the first human to be officially recognised as a cyborg.
- Image of the Day: Astronauts photograph 35-mile-high ‘sky jellyfish’ that live above the clouds.
Quote of the Day:
Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.