In your face Verve! Apparently the drugs *do* work.
- Is ketamine the best hope for curing depression?
- Mexican psychedelic Salvia divinorum offers help with addiction.
- Why did my grandmother try LSD for multiple sclerosis in the 1960s?
- Take a visual tour of the looming robot revolution.
- Spanish fleet that sunk off the Florida coast in 1715 continues to give up gold, with divers salvaging another $4.5 million in coins in the past month.
- But who owns the lost past? Surveying the controversy that erupted after an enormous treasure hoard was retrieved from a Spanish wreck.
- First Scandinavian farmers were far more advanced than we thought.
- 60kg chandelier in the Taj Mahal crashes to the floor.
- Mirrored ziggurat melds earth with a stairway to the skies.
- Islamic State blows up Palmyra’s ancient Baalshamin temple.
- But also: Islamic State fraudsters release propaganda video showing destruction of fake ‘ancient monument’.
- Parapsychology: The rise and fall of paranormal experimentation.
- Bad vibrations: what’s the evidence for geopathic stress?
- Slenderman case: Accused girls plead not guilty by way of mental illness. (Background info here)
- Millions of spiders cover Argentian villages in webs dubbed ‘the slime of the devil‘.
- Traveling through space *and* time: Message in a bottle found after 108 years.
- Image of the Day: Robot on another planet takes a selfie.
Quote of the Day:
Never cruel or cowardly. Never give up, never give in.